Saturday, December 4, 2010

Angel of Absolution WIP...

So here are some WIP pictures of my first models for the new army. I was finally able to get the macro settings adjusted properly on my camera and I have to admit it works really well; almost too well. I'm really surprised at the amount of detail that shows up in these pictures and the number of mistakes that I see on the models. Honestly, when looking at them normally, both under the modeling light and in pure sunshine they look really sharp but after looking at the pictures I see many areas that need to be touched up. Looks like I'll be digging out the ole' Opti-Visor so that I can get a closer look at things.

Anyways, here are the pictures and feel free to post your comments below:

These first three shots are of my actual test model, it's one of the Stern Guard veterans. The color scheme was taken directly from the Siege of Vraks - Vol. III book from Forge World. This one is mostly done with the painting part but as you can tell I still have add the base and static grass.








 The second model is the Sergeant from the Stern Guard set and I still have to complete the backpack and pick out some of the details on the power-fist. as with the first model I still need to complete the base and add the static grass.






So that is it for now, I'll post pictures of the completed models later this week.

Cheers...

2 comments:

  1. What grey did you use on his chest aquila?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dark grey is Vallejo's German Grey, I prefer it to Codex Grey or Black because it has a more 'weathered' and realistic look to it. I also use Windsor Newton's oil paints for my washes and they blend better with Vallejo's over other brands.

    ReplyDelete